Agnostic.com

7 1

Recently saw a woman being kicked off a Delta flight because she didn't want to sit next to a crying baby. What are your thoughts

PatMoore 3 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glad I only fly private and not commercial. They surely could have moved her to a different seat instead of taking her off the plane altogether.

Babies cry. Invest in a pair of ear plugs. Have the airline offer earplugs. In my case I have a migraines and I keep a pair of noise suppressors on hand to elevate pain educing noise.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

"Excuse me, I hate to be a bother, but I have sensory processing disorder, and a propensity toward migraine, I didn't get enough sleep last night, and I'm scheduled to give a talk on micro-neuro-psycho-bio-blah-blah-istics to the royal college of big-important-sciency-types in 6 hours. I'm afraid that I may not be able to give my talk if I get ill from exposure to loud noise. Would it be at all possible to see if someone would mind changing seats with me? I'd be happy to offer some renumeration for the inconvenience..."

vs.

"I didn't pay six hundred dollars to sit next to a fucking crying baby for 6 hours! You move me right now!!"

Depends.

Well, honestly babies cry. I don't think bringing a baby on a plane or into a resturant etc. is a good idea if it is avoidable. You had the kid, that means you sacrifice certain things. If you're not willing to hire a sitter or make arrangements then don't go to the movies, on a plane, to a resturant etc. with the baby. That's just common curtisy. As far as this woman goes... If she was polite, then the air line is wrong. If she was rude or disorderly then they were right to kick her off.

@Akfishlady I said sometimes it is avoidable.

I wouldn't want to either. But then, I suspect most parents wish they were somewhere else as well ! Unless it's a 10hr overseas flight, I'd put in ear plugs, go to my zen place, and do my best to tolerate - especially if it's a full flight and there's nowhere to move to !

It seems more and more people are angry, intolerant, and ready to fight, in all kinds of situations. So more of this kind of thing is happening. No easy fix either ...

You get what you pay for

Depends on how she was acting. Was she just voicing discomfort, or was she being an asshole?

If it was the latter, then they should have booted her off.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26669
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.