Agnostic.com

4 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

sounds like what bruno bettelheim wrote in the uses of enchantment. also doctor who.

g

As a child I was less scared than I am as an older adult. Tho I was pretty firmly convince there was an ogre living under my bed.
I heard and read the fairy tales but enjoyed science fiction more. I also liked the tales of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
It was Alfred Hitchcock that scared the bejesus outta me.

That's a very interesting article. I think it's politically incorrect to speak well of fairy tales but I enjoyed in their magical world as I read them. Perhaps if we want our children to live in safe spaces, they should not be allowed to read them.

I love BrainPickings...the articles are quite insightful and well written...thanks for posting this...it is one of the ones I read...explains why I loved all of the fairy tales as a child...I even got locked in the library after closing because I was too busy reading them on the floor...the illustrations are also so beautiful...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:267162
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.