Agnostic.com

4 0

Kosher and halal ban

What do you think of Begium's ban on kosher and halal slaughter practices?

piannigilar 1 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Banning any form of clothing by a country is a very poor. It's be popular instead of making the right decision. No clothing has ever been responsible for terror and never will be.

It seems good practice to live and let live so long as the way one lives does not encroach on others.

The right thing but done for the wrong reasons.

Ritual slaughter involved the production of Kosher and halal products is an abomination of animal cruelty, that should rightly be opposed and outlaws by reason and compassion.
However this ban or rather this sanction is the result of right wing politics, a simple attack on a segment of society meant to make their lives difficult and residence undesirable and to score brownie points of the racist section of the right with the morons.
In the long term this does more harm to the cause of animal welfare than good and will not achieve it's intent as the meat products will simply be imported for elsewhere at a financial and human cost that will make children suffer.

I think its backlash. European are wearing out from welcoming muslims . I am not surprised .

...and jews too?

what one person eats doesn't hurt another, and kosher/halal slaughter is more humane than non-kosher slaughter. even peta says so, and they don't think anything is humane!

g

@genessa I thinks its anti Muslim driven. I have to be candid I am tired of the muslims the most. They are driving more violence and emigration. On a daily basis , I have to deal with trumpian cultists who imagine themselves Christian's. ....we need to put them all in a round room and leave the rest of us be

@Bigwavedave the muslims i know are fine people and don't bother anyone; in addition, every time there is a tragedy, especially involving jews, they step up and protect the victims, raise money for them, surround the synagogue to keep out terrorists, whatever needs to be done. this is in america as well as europe. you are confusing muslims with islamists, who aren't even proper muslims. they wage war on their holy days, destroy art works and historical relics that actual muslims would value, and do not follow the tenets of the religion they claim to follow. please don't confuse those two kinds of people.

g

@genessa I respect your comment. It was of course a generalization . There are ok Christian's to. But in general I have an issue with muslims . They believe and I have read enough to confirm that the Koran dictate matters of state be decided by religous authorities. I don't find this consistant with western values.

But I am sure there are people of good will in every faith .

@Bigwavedave i think you misunderstood me. i am not saying that some individual muslims are good. i am saying that most of them are good and are no more fanatic than most christians. you can read all you want but if you rely mostly on reading you will believe also that jews stone people to death and make animal sacrifices. i am talking about muslims in general, yes, but i am also talking about the majority, not a few okay ones. and i repeat, the islamists are no more muslim than the westboro gang represent christianity.

g

@genessa is jerry falwell jr a christian? Billy grahams son? Joel osteen?

@Bigwavedave i don't know; i've never been a christian, myself. i know an extreme example when i see one, though.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:267691
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.