Agnostic.com

11 7

QUESTION Every Sperm is Sacred - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life - YouTube

"Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great,
If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate."

"Let the heathens spill theirs on the dusty ground,
God shall make them pay for each sperm that can't be found."

Hysterical song, and it always makes me think of the story of Judah and Tamar in Genesis 38, in particular Genesis 38:8-10 where God slew Onan for practicing coitus interruptus while having intercourse with his widowed sister-in-law because he didn't want to beget posthumous children for his late brother as was the Hebrew custom at the time.

vertrauen 7 Nov 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Damn, but I sure do love that movie. The only Monty Python film I like more is The Search For The Holy Grail.

I love Monty Python. Lumberjack Song link:

I've never understood the concerns of the anti abortionists. Why can't they imagine the happy little unborn souls skipping around the golden streets of Heaven unscathed by misery and loss? And why should the streets be gold after all? What would provide gold it's value other than its beauty? But Mahogany and travertine are beautiful as well. And the sperm. . . . Well maybe they could meet up with a disguarded egg and become one in Heaven. After all God can do anything, right?

And..if you don't believe in a god, abortion is a kindness. Children aren't born to know about death and die.

I also like "All Things Dull and Ugly"

Very good. I hadn't heard that one.

Totally hilarious, just what that piece of nonsense deserves.

I remember the raucous laughing and giggling during the class on religion during high school about this very subject. The lot of us were going to hell. The timing of teaching that idea when kids are coming into puberty was hilarious.

SamL Level 7 Nov 2, 2017

That except is so often made excuses for as heinous as the story goes. It upsets me. The apologists say that humans make those errors and god has nothing to do with it.

Yes - so are all the microorganisms slaughtered everytime we wash hands.

One of my favorites.

It always makes me think of the last time I masturbated.

Equal opportunity satire requires that I post this in turn at Protestant expense:

Source:
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2681
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.