Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK Kevin Smith Credits Vegan Diet for Dramatic Weight Loss in His #10YearChallenge Pic

The health you seek is just one small decision away....

"Filmmaker and near-fatal heart attack survivor Kevin Smith has shared before and after images of his vegan weight-loss transformation.

Participating in the trending #10YearChallenge, that sees people posting pictures of themselves from 2009 and 2019 on social media, Smith revealed his dramatic weight loss between the two dates. As well as hiking and Weight Watchers, Smith credited going vegan for the change.

His #10YearChallenge post isn’t the first time Smith has credited veganism for his improved health. In August 2018, following his switch away from animal products, Smith took to Instagram to show off other before and after images of his weight loss. “I’m very near the goal weight I was told to shoot for after the heart attack,” he told fans, which he experienced in early 2018."

SkotlandSkye 8 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At the risk of being slagged off here, it wasn't being, or becoming, a vegan that lost him the weight. It was going on a fucking diet.

"Veganism, the plant-based diet which shuns meat and dairy, is having its time in the sun. Since 2008, there has been a 350% increase in the number of self-described vegans in the UK alone. Where this motivation stems from is varied, but includes concerns about animal welfare, worries about the environment, and religious reasons.

Many people, though, seek a healthier diet. Research suggests that veganism can have health benefits, if well planned. For those who have pursued a diet rich in meat and dairy for most of their lives, embarking on a vegan diet can lead to significant changes within the body.

The first thing that someone starting a vegan diet might notice is an energy boost with the removal of the processed meat that is found in many omnivorous diets, in favour of fruit, vegetables and nuts. These foods will boost your vitamin, mineral and fiber levels and thinking ahead about your meals and snacks rather than relying on convenience foods can help sustain consistent energy levels."

[qz.com]

@SkotlandSkye I don't doubt that everything in your reply is true but the fact remains that a healthy diet can include meat, you can lose weight and eat meat, you can live to a ripe old age and eat meat. What changed was his mind set to dying.

@ipdg77 But, if you can live a healthy life and no living being has to be imprisoned, terrorized, and killed....why would you not?

@SkotlandSkye I'm always interested at what point in our evolution did eating meat become an issue? Are we not just part of a food chain that's below, besides and above us?

@ipdg77 It's about compassion and seeing our animal brothers and sisters as our fellow Earthlings and our equals. Humans should be and need to be evolving into something "better"....a species that is based on love and compassion towards all.

World peace beings on our plates and how we treat those who cannot speak for themselves.

“As long as there are slaughter houses there will always be battlefields.”
― Leo Tolstoy, What I Believe

[thehill.com]

I adore Kevin Smith a lot and I always look forward to his little videos he post on Facebook. Walking his dog or just chit-chatting to his fans.

MoniB Level 6 Jan 18, 2019

He looks like a different person...good for him...I know I couldn't do it...

He and his mom had some health issues that kicked him into gear. I adore Kevin Smith!

This is wonderful!!! So happy for him. Since I've switched to a vegetarian diet just three weeks ago I've taken off 8 lbs with NO EFFORT what so ever!! The only exercise I get is taking my dogs for their daily walk, which I do for about 30 min. Since I injured my back and went thru back surgery, I've had a lot of trouble moving in certain ways, so I don't even think about going to a gym. I might add that since going to a vegy diet I've been sleeping better, feeling more energetic and positive.

See??!!! isn't it wonderful?? LOL

I hope you've had a chance to read some of the book I sent you??

@SkotlandSkye YES, it is wonderful to be feeling so much better. I have been reading the book a little every day. It has really opened my eyes to why I got into the shape I'm in healthwise. I've also been working with a Nutritionist to help me get through all the detoxing my body is going through. The headaches the first week were awful, but per her instructions taking a Vit C supplement and also some Chlorella to help with the removal of toxins and blood sugar levels, I've been doing much better. Can't thank you enough for the book!!!

@Redheadedgammy You are so very welcome!!! 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:268655
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.