Agnostic.com

8 3

LINK Ohio's new Gov. Mike DeWine swears on 9 Bibles during oath-of-office ceremony

Answer to the question how high can you stack shit!

Stevil 8 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This brings up a question. Why are atheists, agnostics, and other non-Christians made to swear on a bible before testifying in court? Is this not a violation of Freedom of Religion? Does anyone know if this has ever been legally challenged?

I’ll bet good money there is major shady business going with him. Who does this except to prove how much of a big-man-Christian-holier-than-though plastic goomer ?

Ohub Level 7 Jan 18, 2019

That should be enough to have him thrown out of office. It's not, but it should be.

We have to get to the point where people keep their religious delusions to themselves.
Sure, they can have them, but they don't get to act on them if they serve the public.

@Stevil The more of us who come out against this crap, the better.

Makes you wonder what he's compensating for?

She was suppose to set them on the floor for him to stand on...fire her!

Guess he wanted to be sure that his oath took....I think his constituents should take that as a bad sign

Born in Toledo. Now you know why I got out early in life.

Poor Ohio, they are fucked....

@maturin1919 have only been there one time back in the 90's. Didn't get a good feeling about the state then. Never want to return.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:268750
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.