Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK Why I Will Never Be The Right Person For Anyone

Short, but very accurate video. What do you say!

SleeplessInTexas 8 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Awesome video. I think everyone has deal-breakers of what they won't accept in a partner, but no one is perfect. It's about being compatible where it matters to both of you, and that's different for everyone.

This is precisely why I've opened myself up to a poly relationship. No one person can meet all the needs of another.

I both agree and disagree. Yes I have been there several times but actually did find the right person. Even though our personalities were different our world-view was almost spot on and the differences presented way to grow.
Now, that she is gone, what next? Maybe the relationship has help me evolve where I can more fully appreciate another who is not my ideal. There is a woman here that I have gotten to know but we don't have a lot of commonalities. It is sometimes hard to come up with conversation points. Perhaps we should focus on some big commonalities (religion, political leanings, etc.) and let each other be their selves, "manage cheerfully on their own" and be happy with some time spent in each other's company. Yes, too much time with another can erode the relationship and yes, one that is good enough. Even good enough can have something to offer and help one continue to evolve.

How depressing. No love and no lottery....shiiiiit! My whole day just went down the tube. ?

Excellent points

It finally came around to the truth of the matter: you can have lasting love with a partner, but it takes work and compromise. I know from first hand experience.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:269046
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.