Agnostic.com

5 1

Creative Explanations

Anyone else love when a good Series, Game, Movie, Book, ect pose an in depth explanation to unfathomable scientific questions, great leaps in technology, existential and philosophic question?
Like Star Gate and Mass Effect are a couple I enjoy delving into the lore on to see their universe'a mysteries unfold.

DareBear 5 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Asimov's Foundation Trilogy is long, but very interesting. Before its time.

If you like Sci Fi Peter F. Hamilton's Void Trilogy is pretty good.

Yes, its awesome. I loved the film Dredd with Carl Urban as a real possible future and the slow-mo drug was also inspirational too. that's one of my favourite films ever. the THING is my all time fave. the one-liners in both films are fantastic too.

I assume you're referring to the John Carpenter remake (of The Thing), right? Awesome film!

yes sorry just brilliant on many levels
I don't know what it is but its weird and it's pissed off
it's 1982 and the special effects and concept are still fantastic.

ha, I began reading your post and Stargate jumped into my head, then I read it. I found both SG1 and Atlantis gave me lots of interesting viewing as well as a crush on Sam Carter.

Check out Universe and keep an eye out for upcoming Origins!

@DareBear Have seen universe, not as impressed, awaiting Origins. Hope they keep up the quality.

@Rugglesby Honestly I fell for Universe, first time they made the main fight an internal strife, instead of external forces.
And I'm guessing a lot of drama and suspense for Origins, but we shall see!

Recently I watched a couple of flicks that cause me to think in such terms. "The Discovery" was quite good. Also, "Her" has remained one of my favorites as well.

"Cloud Atlas" is one of my all time favorites, but wasn't as well received as I had hoped. "Chappie" is excellent too. Have you ever seen "Moon" or "Sunshine?"

All great choice, i think. 🙂

Sadoi Level 7 Feb 21, 2018

Can't say I have but I'll have to put them on the list.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27010
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.