Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK University of Oklahoma sorority expels student involved in blackface video - CNN

I think OU should expel the student, not merely the sorority!

BookDeath 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I support those young ladies right to be stupid, classless and insensitive.

The sorority is a private club. If you break the rules of a voluntary association, well, them's the rules.

They paid their money to the school. The school accepts public funds and should support and even defend their right to say unpopular things.

SCal Level 7 Jan 20, 2019

@OwlInASack

There is no problem with free speech. Only tyrants and dictatorships have a problem with free expression that does not cause or threaten injury or harm.

What you said is literally too vague for me to actually retort. I can think of all sorts of situations where free speech is absolutely necessary to being able to even consider yourself to not be a slave.

Very poor taste in this day and age.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:270132
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.