Agnostic.com

5 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

May I offer this tongue-in-cheek thought, without getting myself chastised, please: If the JWs start throwing away their "No Blood Transfusion" cards, that means that there'll be more JWs surviving life-threatening surgeries : ( But maybe some evangelical christians will pick them up & make use of them, though : )

I remember 40 plus years ago in high school, a JW was bragging about the creation of usable fake blood and it's revolution. Not much of a revolution now is it.

That's one of those, " I'd rather die" cards. I could never understand the narrow world vision it must take to allow some religion to sell you one of those. Having been in sales, I don't even buy car warranty's.

Every small step is one more towards a better world.

The rank insanity of some, most actually, religious sects/beliefs never seems to surprise me.
Early last week we had a new family move into the neighborhood, last Friday afternoon I had a knock on my front door, I opened it to find a young child about 10 years of age who asked if I had any candles I could spare since his family would be needing them as their Seventh Day Religion forbids them from using either gas or electricity from sunset on a Friday through to sunset on the following day (Saturday).
He went on to tell me that they are forbidden to watch television, listen to the radio, cook meals or even bathe during that 24 hour period, so sad and disturbing for such young children who have to endure such rank stupidity simply because of superstition and religious bullshit.

It is astonishing that they don't stock, nor can , candles.

Please be the devil's advocate to this , and teach how to recognize fallacies. Also include admonishments to keep one's mouth shut about fallacies, for now.

Poor kids, and I would bet on some major rebellion a few years out. Having those strict beliefs with parents not even organized enough to pull it off is a whole added layer of conflict, hoo-boy!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:270257
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.