Agnostic.com

5 4

Have you seen the movie "Boy Erased"?

"Boy Erased" should be mandatory viewing for all public Jr. Highs and High Schools - especially in the deep south and the southwest. It shows the exact same repression and intolerance and hate that I found in the Baptist church in Oklahoma and Texas.

The message of Jesus is one of love and acceptance. But they spend countless hours studying, reciting, and acting upon the words of a text controlled by men, written by men, and defined by men such that his simple message is contorted.

Christianity lacks purity for just that reason. If you want to be a good christian then stay away from christianity and its' text. If the message is love one another then what other explanation is necessary? WHY limit it at all?

See this movie. The lead "converter", Mr. Sikes, is married to another man and living in Texas these days.

JeffMesser 8 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have just finished watching it and can't recommend it enough. Great acting and directing. Excellent story. I think every humanist ought to watch this film

No. but I have heard a lot about it.

" The lead "converter", Mr. Sikes, is married to another man and living in Texas these days."
Because,...of course, isn't that what religion is all about? Projecting an individual's sins onto someone else.

I am in my early 50's and I must say that throughout my life WITHOUT FAIL the persons who seem to be the most dead set against homosexuality are homosexuals themselves. It's not karma - it's denial.

Indoctrination is cruel and hard to watch...I don't understand how these same people can get disgusted when it was used on prisoners of war and find it ok for those young people...just horrible...

This is what Pence and his group believe is acceptable?

Yes. Yes, it is. This is another reason why Pence must be removed first.

@KKGator Yes...he scares me even more that the other one...

@KKGator TRIGGER WARNING: "President Pence": I wonder if the only reason Trump got the nomination is because Pence would be running mate, and the long game all along was to see a President Pence... Sorry , didn't mean to hurt you just now. Hope you're okay after reading that!

@stinkeye_a You just gave me a reason not to sleep tonight!!!!!!!!!!! That is my worst nightmare...

@stinkeye_a I'm not triggered. LOL I knew Pence was a plant all along.
He cannot be allowed to ascend to the presidency.
He's a religious fanatic.

@KKGator Dangerous because he is not dumb...he would be worse than donald...way worse

I can't sit through movies like that. I get too angry.

It's another reason why I detest religion.
Religious faith is a mental illness and should be treated as such.
Not homosexuality.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:270962
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.