Agnostic.com

4 1

Apart from the need to ensure that kids are looked after ...

... is monogamy natural?

I don't believe that a person should belong to a person.

Even in my most promiscuous times I always made sure my women knew about each other. (That caused a few problems when they became friends)

If you look at the holy books you will see that powerful people didn't restrict themselves to one partner.

Maybe it was all to do with economics and survival. Now it isn't.

Should we be free to have as many friends (with or without benefits) of either sex that we can cope with?

• 2 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 1 vote
El-loco 7 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This was intended to be a serious question guys. The way we organise ourselves is not the only way.

You should be free to do what you want. So, if you want monogamy, you get with another that wants it. If you want something else, you find those who want that, too. The thing is, you have to be honest to yourself and respect and communicate with your partner(s).

Stop being so sensible.

I'm going with "rather sit on the fence" because I think it's something that has to be worked out in each relationship between those involved on a case by case basis.

Wow, now THAT'S fence sitting.

@El-loco go big or go home.😉

Do I get extra point for being the first to comment on my own post?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27116
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.