Agnostic.com

4 4

This is a comment I replied on. it was sent in response to the popular question "FELLOW AGNOSTICS, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT BELIEVERS JOINING?", posted by Draco. the comment & my reply disappeared from the post, which is why I re-post it here.

walklightly 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well put!
I'm not as good at unravelling that kind of garbles, but when I do, I feel satisfied for 10min, then I have the sensation to have spoken to an answerphone greeting thinking that it was the actual person.

LOL! there's probably no person in existence behind that rubbish of a comment 😀

I have a different opinion than you regarding what is better for this site. However, your opinions and your reply was very well thought out and presented with a level head. I've heard stories of people getting their accounts banned, like Harleyman and other people getting their post pulled. I'm stumped as to the logic behind the administrator's choice to implement censorship to reasoned and rational disagreements.

I'm here in part to have my beliefs/opinions/worldview challenged and determine if there is a viewpoint that matches valid evidence or rational thought better than my own. I want a community open to all opinions. We have the right to not respond to any post we find irrational, and this is the most effective means of dealing with irrational people. My opinion on this topic is admittedly self-serving, it's what I get out of this site, and I'm not ignoring your perfectly sound feelings on this subject, it's just that your desires for this site conflict with mine. Your opinions have always been valuable to me, and I think that it's a positive thing that we don't always agree.

i fully agree with you, Paul, in that different opinions can challenge our own viewpoint in a creative way, which is a good thing. i seemingly manage that without the input of unquestioning, rigid believers; but that aside, the line that i won't accept to be crossed is where things get personally insulting - which has been the case in the comment i reposted. & for that reason i recently reported & blocked someone as well. i will not be insulted, neither personally, nor collectively, on this site. picking topics apart: fine by me, & nothing to get emotional about, but personal attacks are just hurtful, never enlightening.

thank you for your take on this; i deeply respect it.

@walklightly I agree, I view anyone who feels so insecure about their position that they resort to profanity or vulgar speech should be booted off the site. So far I haven't had to deal with it myself, but I'm sure that's because I don't post as much as you.

I think you were respectful. I like your answer, you handled it well. You were actually much nicer than I might have been.

oh, thank you - i'm learning. & taking my time honing replies, because i think pissing people off only leads to dead ends.

some people get pissed of because there wrong though @walklightly and religious people don't give a fuck about knocking on my door trying to feed me shit. I think your answer was fine as was mine.

Its up to them

well, i don't even know whether my reply was reported or what. & if, i'd think there has to be a reasonable cause. a bit weird, if you ask me.

fuck it who cares?

o-o-oh, @LeighShelton, i DO actually care. maybe it counts already as ocd in our day & age, but i hate the messy feeling of loose ends & unfinished conversations. anyway, we're all different - & this is just me.

well, i treat people as they treat me really.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27327
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.