Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Canada’s new food guide shifts toward plant-based diets at expense of meat, dairy - The Globe and Mail

Canada no longer has meat or dairy as food groups in its eating guide

Launched this morning, the new guide emphasizes plant-based eating, with meat, dairy and eggs all now optional rather than recommended.

This is the result of a number of years of work, through Canada's good food nation consultation. They have resisted the dairy and meat lobbies, refused to be dictated to by industry, and followed the medical and scientific evidence on health and sustainability.

SkotlandSkye 8 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Saw this, very encouraged by it.

Governmental nutrition guidelines in the US are mandated by ag/livestock economic interests, via USDA--meaning meat, eggs, and dairy are "good for us", because they're good for business. This stands in stark constrast--in many cases--with sound, unbiased nutrition science. Its a sad, frustrating joke.

(I suspect you know all this already, OP; just putting it out there for the benefit of onlookers and to display my awareness and stance on the issue.)

This is awesome news! Since embarking on my new healthy lifestyle, I've taken off 10 lbs in 6 weeks of eating plant based diet.

That is sooooooooo terrific! I am so happy for you!
I'm sure your body --especially your heart -- appreciates it!!!!

@SkotlandSkye I am feeling so much better! Sleeping better, no problems with my stomach any longer. And that website, forks over knives has some awesome recipes that makes cooking rather fun again!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:273423
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.