Agnostic.com

2 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Even worse then hate it is a symbol of celebrated ignorance. A symbol of magical thinking were a wall magically solves a complex problem. Were white men can do no wrong and all others are suspect. Were a smirking white kid can mock a veteran and be lauded as a upstanding person. Were insults magically translate into governing. Were woman are always sluts if they are not submissive wives and white boys have every right to sex when and were they want it. It is the decline of America when people celebrate such ignorance and embrace hatred of the other with such vigor.

Quarm Level 6 Jan 26, 2019

Hear, Hear and Amen brother.

The MAGA hat is a symbol of hate

Orbit Level 7 Jan 26, 2019

Orbit when your trajectory takes you close to Earth again, can you explain to me how I can deduce that being patriotic, making America our ancestors died for - great again after all that damage Bubama and Hellllary inflicted on it a subject of hate? Perhaps one can argue that America is for 2 centuries extracting a toll from the rest of the world, yes, but it is also paying horrendous support. If people would know how much they support the rest of the world perhaps they would chase all those liberals that want to tax them more out the Congress instead of applauding their plan to tax them more..

@arizonajerry69 Maga stands for a man who mocked a disabled reporter, who bragged about "grabbing women by the pussy", who called Warren "Pocohantas" and who cozies up to white supremacists like Steve Bannon. Seems pretty clear to me.

@arizonajerry69

1. It is the symbol of a deeply hateful person, one who is motivated by petty spite, jealousy, and arrogance.
  2. It is the symbol of a deeply hateful movement, one built on isolationism, xenophobia, and selfishness.
  3. Implying that America was ever not great is ridiculous. The irony is that Trump has achieved the exact opposite of making America great.
  4. I presume, somewhere in your muddled statement, that you're trying to say we spend a horrendous amount to support the rest of the world. Wrong. As a percent of gross domestic product (GDP), U.S. aid spending ranks near the bottom of all developed countries. It accounts for 0.18 percent of GDP, twenty-second out of twenty-eight countries measured by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). That's less than 2 cents out of every $100.

@Paul4747 Your wasting your time trying to explain ANYTHING to a trumpster.

@jlynn37 I'm trying to make America greater again.

@Paul4747 When has America ever been great for African-Americans? Or for women?

@SilviaPark The way you ask the question tells me you won't agree with any answer I give.

Many individuals, no matter their ethnicity, no matter their gender, have great lives in America. Oprah? Tiger Woods? Michael Jordan? To pick 3 names that occur to me randomly. Sylvia Plath? Jennifer Lopez? Hillary Rodham Clinton? Olympia Dukakis? Olympia Snowe? Jennifer Granholme? Gretchen Whitmer? Katharine Graham? Michelle Obama? How about Michelle Obama?

More powerful women and persons of color (and I dare say more powerful women of color) live and work in the United States than in any other nation. Our history is what it is, but our progress is incredible. It still needs to be better, so that more share in the progress.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:274690
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.