Agnostic.com

7 8

Why do kids like me?

Every now-and-then, random children come up to me and hold entire conversations with me as though they were grown adults!

There's this miniature little butterfly with brown hair, brown eyes, who stands about 106 cm., about 4 or 5 y/o, puppy brown eyes like mine, just chatting away to me like we were best friends. She could be my daughter if no one knew she wasn't mine.

The little girl's mother and her female companion have no idea she's even sitting with me! That's scary! The child and I had been chatting for 20 min. She found a dime and was trying to give it to me. I was thinking, "Where is your mother?"

Thankfully, I'm a mother and my protective instincts kicked in. I ask the little girl why she's not sitting with her mother. She shrugged her shoulders and gave me the cutest and confused smile.

I held my hand out to her so we can walk over to her mother. The mother didn't seem concerned and just tells her baby to "go sit over there".

That lady has no idea how lucky she is.

I wished I could do it all again sometimes.

SleeplessInTexas 8 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kids like me because I don't particularly like them. I never approach them or try to talk to them. No pressure from me.

@PhoebeCat I love children. I wouldn't dare have anymore, but they are precious little things. They're not for everyone. And that's okay. At least you're honest.

Kids know which adults you can talk to and which you can't. You're obviously a good person, and it shows 🙂

@celticagent Children are AWESOME! I can't wait to see my grandchildren in the future! I'm going to be the coolest nana! ?

You're probably just very approachable. Kids know.

@bleurowz Amazing little things they are, huh? ?

Its face shape apparently. Not sure where I read the research but babies and children prefer rounder faces...like mine 😉

Because you give off this lovely aura.

Great to hear this I liked reading it

Good mothers are worth their weight in gold. You sound like a good mother. However much you weigh, help yourself to that much gold.

@Sgt_Spanky I missed my calling as an elementary school teacher. Children are awesome little people. Just give 'em plenty of love and encouragement, they'll be okay.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:275410
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.