Agnostic.com

8 0

Do you guys have bed and breakfast or guest house.Well a gay couple booked a room for the weekend and the proprietor didn't realise it was booked for a gay couple . Because they were Christians they refused them the room.

Diddsdad 4 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Those are NOT Christians...Jesus, would have taken them in and washed their feet...I do know the teachings and even believe they 'hold weight' in the 'real world!' Such blatant disregard for real human beings!

Are you asking whether we atheists who own a b and b would refuse service to xians if they came out ? Be kinda fun for like 1 second then................ not so

Assholes

We have a few here that I have heard will refuse openly gay couples, and yes they are Christians.
I often try and make a booking for shits and giggles, sometimes my son and I go in together and freak them right out.
He is often in a triple and occasionally has a problem getting a romantic get away for himself and 2 girls. Even in Italy and Greece he would raise eyebrows, and jokes from staff. But I think the world will change, but not smoothly.

I spent many years as an apartment manager when the owners lived in another country. I also spent some time as a hotel manager. This was at a time I nominally identified as a Christian even as I never went to church.

What I was concerned about was behavior. Were they quiet, did they leave the premises in the same condition they found it, did they pay the prescribed amount for the room or apartment? Also were they likely to be repeat customers?

I never once considered it any of my business what they got up to as long as the earlier contractual conditions were met. I had no need to care about anyone else's sex life. It has always been your business as mine is my business, not yours.

Is that legal?

This kind of thing really pisses me off. When anyone purchases a business license, they are agreeing to serve the public, according to the laws that apply in their location. That means they have to serve ALL the public. If they believe their religious beliefs preclude them from serving some people, then they need not be going into business at all. They don't get to use their beliefs as justification to discriminate against anyone. I hope the couple sues them into bankruptcy, buys the B&B, and runs it themselves. The 14th Amendment guarantees all citizens equal protection under the law. People's religious beliefs do not supersede that. EVER.

They used that excuse, but there is nothing Christian about them. I wonder if they would have turned away a lesbian couple, or even thought about turning them away?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27566
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.