Agnostic.com

5 6

"Black Panther" Wins Top Prize at SAG Awards

A huge win for diversity!

"Well, I'll be," Chadwick Boseman, who played the title character, said in accepting the award for best ensemble in a motion picture. "To be young, gifted and black."

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I guess it's nice that African Americans are getting superheroes they can somehow relate to, but as with most of that genre the story is minimal and the action sequences get boring to me after a while. I confess that I turned it off after a half-hour or so -- perhaps I missed out on something wonderful. (I did go see Aquaman in a theater after a friend raved about it, and sat through the whole thing, but I'd make a similar comment about that.)

It's better than Aquaman. The characters are more engaging. But that's true for almost all the Marvel films vs. the DC universe. DC can't seem to find their groove.

Have not been a fan of the Marvel universe movies. Too CGI, and an excuse for implausible action, but gave this a try considering the racial and social issues. We turned it off after about 40 minutes. To each their own I know.

"A huge win for diversity" maybe. Not a huge win for great filmmaking. It was no better than many other comic book movies this year, certainly no better than Infinity War.

I just got through with Roma, and Black Panther and BlacKKK are on my list. I thought Roma was OK, unique, but really, really over-hyped. Of course, it will probably win Best Picture. My review, of course

[ruthlessreviews.com]

I thought the movie was mediocre at best.

I agree. I also think it will win Best Picture. The picks the last 2 years have been horrible. The Shape of Water? Meh. Moonlight? Average. Spotlight? Great movie, but really? You had The Revenant and yes, Mad Max, which never had a chance. They got it right with Birdman, and I could go on and on. It's not about the Best Picture anymore.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:275789
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.