Agnostic.com

6 1

LINK Virginia Senate approves guns-in-church bill

Why don't they depend on thoughts and prayers to protect them when they go to church?

I love hypocritical stuff like this!

DGJ0114 7 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a person who does attend church, I agree with repealing this law. It should be left up to the individual churches.

Completely leaving the religious part out, a church during Sunday morning worship could be a very easy soft target. Guns aren’t allowed. Most doors are in the back of a room where you have people focusing their attention towards the front. Obviously other things could and should be done to ensure safety as much as possible, but I would have no issue with someone having a gun in my church and honestly I’d be kinda surprised if there aren’t people who do anyway.

So, they're saying praying the bad away is not proving to be an effective strategy? Did someone have a come-to-Jesus moment?

If on a very off-chance I was in a church in Virginia, I'd be praying no one shot me.

Do they forgive sinners, or shoot them?

godef Level 7 Jan 29, 2019

Scary stuff

UUNJ Level 8 Jan 29, 2019

the governor's a dem. he'll veto it. unfortunately they can override the veto if they're determined enough. the nra must be feeding them REALLY well.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:276367
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.