Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK 12 Little Ways Couples In Long-Distance Relationships Stay Connected | HuffPost Life

Keeping the spark alive in a relationship can be tough as it is, let alone when you and your partner are hundreds or thousands of miles apart.

Couples in long-distance relationships often face a particular set of challenges: different time zones (it could be early morning in one place and bedtime in another), shoddy cell service or WiFi connection on top of the heartache of going long stretches of time without seeing each other face-to-face.

While maintaining an “LDR” isn’t easy, it isn’t impossible. And if you can weather the challenges, you’ve likely built a strong foundation for the future of the relationship.

“To all those thinking whether they can handle a long-distance relationship, my answer is: it’s definitely doable, as long as you stay committed, loyal and willing to cut the distance short one day,” writer Olga Baker told HuffPost. “Being far from each other is definitely a challenge, but it’s overcoming such obstacles that makes love stories special, memorable and treasured. If the person is right for you, the sacrifice will be well worth it.”

Below, people who have had firsthand experience with long-distance relationships reveal what they did to keep their bond strong when they were far apart.

Dougy 7 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I determined a few years ago that long distance was not for me. I tried it, and got my heart broken. Won't do it again.

1. They make it a point to talk every day, even when they’re busy or not in the mood.
  2. They separate update conversations from connection conversations.
  3. They schedule ‘date nights’ when they eat a meal and watch a show or movie together over FaceTime.
  4. They send each other postcards and love letters.
  5. They start a new project together.
  6. They find little excuses to celebrate each other instead of waiting for a big occasion.
  7. They hide little notes in each other’s suitcases after a visit.
  8. They plan something special for each visit so they always have something to look forward to.
  9. They do their favorite activities at the same time over video chat so it feels like they’re doing them together.
  10. They send each other care packages or surprise gifts in the mail.
  11. They make the most of the time they have together in person.
  12. They utilize technology to find new ways to connect.
Dougy Level 7 Jan 29, 2019
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:276657
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.