Agnostic.com

5 2

I don’t agree with Christain’s about their Christain doctrine but I do agree with them on their attitudes toward guns. At the local Christain school here concealed carry holders are welcome. Maybe that’s the reason you don’t ever hear of shootings at Christain schools. How many kids are going to have to die before the liberals figure out that a gun free zone is an invitation for a shooter to shoot up the place?

Trajan61 8 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I doubt they will ever figure that out.

Jimmy Dore made a youtube video, Feb 28, 2018, Breaking: Teacher in Custody After Shooting Gun in School, Dalton Georgia. No one was hurt this time, but the teacher was taken into custody. He was suicidal. There will be far more children killed by guards and teachers than killed by crazy kids, and I doubt the crazy kids will be stopped before they kill a few.

Their beliefs about gun ownership are about as delusional as their religious beliefs, but sadly, much more harmful, and responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths and injuries more than one finds in practically every other civilised country with proper gun control and a somewhat healthier attitude towards violence.

England, including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland is, more or less, a gun free zone, and they have far fewer murders by guns than the US, and significantly fewer by any weapon.

In those countries you mentioned you have no right to us a gun for self defense and are more likely to be a victim of criminals as they know you won’t be armed. Here in the US you have a right to defend yourself with a gun. I’ll take the US over any of those other countries any day.

@Trajan61 cool story and we have heard it millions of times from the NRA and other gun maniacs, only, all the data and hard evidence shows exactly the opposite of that claim.

It'll be a cold day in hell before the liberals realise that turning everyone into a victim doesn't make society safer form psychopaths. Who would've thought?

I mean whenever we have places that are fortified and le defended. People are less likely to attack it. I mean humans have only been building fortifications and stockpiling weapons for the last 50 thousand years. One day those liberals will pick up a history book. Some day... but not today.

Just the fact that teachers on this website have said "I wouldn't feel safe with a gun in the class" when asked about guns with rubber bullets. It shows how the victim mentality is spreading to the children through the teachers. They want to turn our children into vulnerable lambs for the wolves and lead them to the slaughter.

Time and time again. If a crazed psycho arms himself legally or illegally, the police stop them using guns.

So anyone who goes on a training course, is ex military, ex police, etc. Should be allowed to concealed carry. It just makes sense.

Trump had it mostly right in his meeting today. People who are willing and have been trained to use firearms should be allowed to carry concealed firearms in schools. At least give the kids a chance at life and not a resignation to death.

Well said!

I would remove my child from any school with an armed guard. Accidents and psycho guards would kill far more children than are now killed. There are about 132,656 schools in the US, if each one had a guard, that would be over 130,000 chances someone will be hurt or killed by one of those guns. NO, this is a bad idea.

@EdEarl do you ever wonder why we have guards protecting banks, military bases, government offices, government officials, airports, etc.?

It's to keep them safe. How does a guard whose job is to protect the school equate to someone being Hurt or killed? You don't have to kill a person to deter them from shooting your children. I'd be fine if my kids went to a secure school. What's the problem with security?

@Lancer Your fear drives a knee-jerk reaction that I'm unlikely to change. I don't want my children to be terrified by armed guards. I appreciate your desire for safety, but I think you are wrong minded. I'm not into flame wars.

@EdEarl you sound like a reasonable person, I understand that we have different preferences and views on this matter.

But I'm sure we can both agree that these types of incidents must be stopped. At the end of the day we want the same thing.

I just wish other people were more accepting and receptive to open discussion. Sadly though, working together and finding a middle ground is something that most people don't want to do.

@Lancer I appreciate your listening. I also think the money spent on guards would be better spent on education and more school psychologists who should have time to work with students more, especially giving time to those with the greatest need. I think we should focus on prevention, not remediation. Albeit, the authorities may be necessary, but not permanently stationed at schools.

@EdEarl I agree we should put more funding into school psychologists and other preventative measures however one major factor in incidents such as these is the community around the individual. The parents, teachers and the students that are around the people who commit incidents like these have so many chances to stop it from happening.

I used to be a bit of a problem child in school when I was 6-8 but one day a man overheard the bad stories about me when he heard 2 women gossiping in the staff room, the women hated having me as a student and I was the worst in my class, I didn't have many friends either. Plus I ran away from school often because people were bullying me.

But this teacher, this man. He requested I be put into his class the following year. I went from having almost no friends and being a social outcast with the worst grades. Transformed into the best student in the class with many more friends, my life changed dramatically in 1 year because a great man saw something in me. He changed me in ways that other teachers thought impossible and to be honest, if I hadn't had him as a teacher I would probably would have gone down the wrong path eventually.

I think the teachers also need to try teach kids more than just the curriculum. I know it's not their job but it would help a lot. If they listened openly and honestly to their students when they need someone to help them, then you can help save not just 1 life but many many more.

@Lancer My wife is a special-ed k-5 teacher, who works many 12 hour days, and sometimes weekends, just to satisfy federal regulations, lots of testing and other non-teaching stuff, and spend a few minutes each day with her children, but she has too many to help them as she would like. She is maxed out. Schools really do need more money to provide more services, or the federal regulations need to change so teachers spend time with kids, instead of other things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27695
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.