Agnostic.com

29 1

What makes a relationship work

What are your thoughts on relationships?

VAH1979 5 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mutual support in each other's fulfilling their identity, each other's dreams and accomplishments, caring for each other's feelings leaving expression of this always open, being positive and non-competitive, not being critical, accepting each other's quirks, having a meeting of the minds, being affectionate, having each other's back, sharing goals, having lots of fun in bed, laughing a lot, of course, being honest with each other.....It matters that they should be equally intelligent and share interests.

ok like @atheist your question caught me short. I am here in part because I haven't learned the answer to that question. Oh, I could sprout lots of sage sounding advice and then doubt your intelligence if you took any notice of me. Sorry.

I think a successful (by which I mean strong, happy, loving) is a lot of hard work. It can be very difficult adjusting your life to mesh with someone else's. It requires dedication, consideration, respect, and equality. Liking your partner as well as loving them is also important. So are compromise, open-mindedness, and a willingness to really listen and consider the other person's thoughts and feelings. Trust is essential. Above all, it means always remembering that your is the most important person in your life.

marga Level 7 Feb 23, 2018

surely you can just choose it to work @marga like choosing cancer or a brain tumour

Should a good relationship really be that much work?

@nvrnuff Good question. I don't know if it should or not, I only know what I've experienced and what I've seen and been told by others.

I was going to answer your question but then I realized that all of my romantic relationships have failed. So I'll pass.

If you are more specific, I'll try to answer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27879
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.