Agnostic.com

2 1

QUESTION 5 reasons people don't like atheists - from Psychology Today 2015 article

This article doesn't come up with the all of the normal stuff about us being arrogant, etc. It is fairly balanced and short, so people can easily read it. It also gives some tips and solutions that could improve people’s views of atheists and, ultimately, help everyone get along. Just thought I'd share.

Hugene2002 7 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The problem is that theists conflate being right and arrogance. This is because they know they are wrong and have to lie to get around it. It is easier to flounce off calling atheists names than to admit they haven't a clue about anything they are discussing. Most theists I have met haven't even read their own holy book never mind a science book.

Good article. Confirms my point that even though we reject religion, we still need to treat respectful religious people with like dignity and respect. It also means that we need to hammer (politely) at the point of separation between morality and religion. We need to be living proof that atheists are generally quite moral people and often less hypocritical than purported Christians.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2824
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.