Agnostic.com

12 5

How old were you when you had your first crush?

I was 9 when I had my first crush. The boy I had a crush on was actually my mom’s best friend son. I’m kw think ow why now, but back then I was always so mean to him and never wanted nor meant to be, even though I did find myself being nice to him at times cause I really did want to be nice. Of course when his siblings found out, I’d deny I liked him, but his sister knew exactly how to push my buttons by repeatedly saying his name and then a sudden wave of emotions overtook me then I would just burst out with a smile. I never could rack up enough nerve to ask for a photograph of him so one day in school I lied about having to go to the bathroom cause outside the computer lab was a picture of my crush and his classroom so I decided to steal the photo. Now as an adult, my mom is still best friends with his mother and we are all grown adults. That was many years ago, but even now it can be awkward now seeing him as an adult with a life of his own as well as his siblings. He’s married with one child now, but I could never wish anything but happiness and good for him in his life and never do I feel any type of bitter feelings towards anybody. What are some of your stories about your first crush?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was maybe about 8 or 9. My parents' friends' son. We knew each other growing up since we were little. I always wanted to kiss him. One time we actually did make out once when we were 15, but that was it... Then in junior high, there was a guy I developed a mad crush on. I consider that my first real romantic crush, because my feelings for him were hot and heavy. He could just look at me and I'd melt. I don't think we exchanged more than a few words with each other the entire three years. We went to different high schools and I forgot about him, but quickly developed another mad crush in high school who I also barely spoke to, although we were acquaintances with mutual friends.

Like 4 or 5. I was in love with my cousin Jason. No clue you weren't supposed to be in love with your cousin (or that technically he wasn't my cousin...).

A girl in elementary school who moved away...oh I was really sad...

BD66 Level 8 Feb 7, 2019

Looking back, I think my first (li8ttle) crush was at age nine. There was a boy in school named Tony and he was from England , so he was both cute and spoke with an English accent.

i was pretty naive. I did nto realize I was looking at other boys the way most guys looked at girls. So my childhood crushes were actually pretty innocent.

Sounds familiar. I had severe crush on my best friend. He was around 9 and I was 8. I did manage to surreptitiously "kiss" him once. It was the highlight of my young life. He moved away a year or two later. I was heartbroken. As time went on most of my crushes were on boys, too, all the way through high school. Needless to say, it was a lonely existence, as I never dated or went to dances or anything during those years. I had no real friends either.

Years later I read a book by Dostoevsky and a quote in it seemed to sum up my life:

"And another thing bothered me in those days; the fact that no one was like me, and I was like no one else. I am alone I thought, and they are everybody. And I worried about it."

Only had two one at 13 lasted two years the second has lasted 62 years happily married for 60.

At age 9, I had a crush on Steve who lived next door. The same age, Steve and I grew up together.

One lazy summer day, I was sitting alone on the grass in the backyard. Suddenly my brother Lee, 6, came careening around the house.

"Steve wants to know if you will be his girlfriend!" Lee blurted breathlessly. I said yes. Lee ran off to tell Steve on the other side of the house. Buzy kid.

"Kiss...kiss...KISS!" neighborhood kids chanted, surrounding Steve and me in the garage. Embarrassed, we leaned forward for a quick peck on the lips.

That was the extent of my first crush. Like ginger ale, it fizzled out quickly.

16 to 17 , older girl next door I thought she was a total Fox!

7...the boy next door

3rd grade. A girl in 4th grade was developing early.

I was five or six years-old, he was twenty-five or so. Proof that I have ALWAYS had it for much older men. ? His name is Bobby.

If you've ever seen the HDTV show called Fixer Upper, he looked EXACTLY LIKE Chip Gaines. ❤?

That’s tuff, it must have been in first grade.. I was so excited to sit across from her the following year, she was perfect. But this was a long, long time ago … back when leukemia was a death sentence.

After a long absence, our teacher decided to let us know. Sherry Lyons.

So, tell me about this ‘loving god,’ thought I ~

Varn Level 8 Feb 7, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:283352
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.