Agnostic.com

7 16

Winter Olympics coming to a close. I have been watching a fair bit of ice skating, I have watched the Canadian Ice Hockey player throw a tantrum and take off her silver medal.
As for New Zealand's 21 person team, we have won our first winter Olympic medals since 1992. 2 bronze medals go to, two 16 year olds in snowboarding halfpipe and skiing halfpipe. 16 years old! What an amazing achievement! They will be heros when they get home.I am so proud of them.
I will end with a funny picture.

Sacha 7 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I thought it was already over and was wondering who was actually watching. The entire Olympic games has become a political propaganda machine for nefarious countries including the U.S. despite good intentions by others, financially hobbling for the host city and an almost constant stream of ads. Bribes and performance enhancing drugs are common now although we never hear about them until years later. I think the time has come to formally, permanently end the Olympic Games.

She didn't actually throw anything, she simply removed the medal. She was disappointed, she's human. Give her a break.

nope

My highlights have been the ice dancing. The final four pair engaged in a display of superior athleticism, more art than sport. Also, the women's hockey final was exciting. I'm a little confused about the appearance of athletes from Russia. Were they representing Russia or not? Either ban the Russians from competing or don't. This approach seems wishy-washy.

why the tantrum and medal throwing?

She was just upset they lost, she apologised later.

@Druvius interesting how different people perceive things. I think getting to the Olympics is a win

@btroje Hey, the whole US hockey team refused their silver medals in 1972. Now that was awkward.

I understand loosing sucks especially when you play so hard and put your whole life whole heart into it. Though I see it as a complete insult removing your medal, to everyone. Thats just me though.

@Druvius wasnt there some kind of political statment to that? That is a little before my memory

@Sacha I agree. Good sportsmanship should have been picked up along the way

@Sacha I agree. Good sportsmanship should have been picked up along the way

@btroje They thought thry had been blatantly cheated because they had won the game, and then the refs added like 1.5 seconds to the clock and the Russians scored and won. It was basketball too, not hockey. At the time it was just thought of as Russian cheating, so they were pretty justified in skipping the ceremony. Reading about it recently turned out it was actually a complicated clusterfuck, and no real indication of cheating.

@Sacha Agree, very unsporting. Just wasn't a political statement from what I've heard. Everyone has their moments though. She apologized so no foul as far as I care.

@Druvius ok now i remember that

I've been watching alot of the olympics too.
Those kids are amazing!.

I'll correct the typo in the pic: "Winter Olympic Baaa-bsledding team"

Not a baaaaaaad job 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28336
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.