Agnostic.com

6 1

Is there love after 60

I don't think so or maybe its not in the stars or the clouds or what ever.I'm tired have had prostate cancer an has really screwed up my libedo so intimacy questionable. Maybe thats what it is an don't want the shame of not being able to be intimate an thats why I have kept my distance from women an kept to myself.

SecularCat65 5 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the definition of intimacy changes as we age. Sexual intimacy may be more important when we're young, but emotional intimacy is essential as we age. For a lot of men and women, emotional intimacy may be their primary goal in a relationship. By the way, it's not just men who've had prostrate cancer who have difficulty with erections. Hormone depletion and aging take a toll on everyone. So don't think you're necessarily out of the game. The game has just changed.

Thanks LadyProf70 i was meant to be different i had my chance at love an physical intamacy. But i can deal with the lack of phyhsical intamacy an the prostate thing puts me into a different life state i guess just pissed off about it.I was in a short relationship an when i was intamate it didn't happen so things went in the crapper an haven't talked to the person since.It was my choice,platonic relationship the best at this point if i so choose to engage in another relationship.

Yes, but only if YOU think it's possible.

I want a relationship more than anything but I have the same sort of problem. Cancer sucks. Nobody wants a relationship with someone who has cancer.

You have a lot more to offer than just physical intimacy. You are an independent freethinking person. Many women would love to get to know you. Give them a chance.

A mature woman will understand about the prostate issue. It's possible to have very satisfying orgasms without erections or ejaculations...and, again, a mature woman might seriously enjoy working through that issue with you! 🙂

My kind of woman.

@jlynn37 In the ideal world, our friend here would find a woman of ''an age'' and with ''experience'' who realizes there's more to love than sex and more to sex than erections! Hmmm...I'm wondering if a cancer survivor's group would be somewhere to look. OR...a group for people who're widows?

@LucyLoohoo I don't think he needs to look into a specialized group to find a woman. (I found myself checking to see where he lived...unfortunately not near me.)

@DevraisA1 Well--Canada's a lovely place to visit! I was just trying to widen his field, so to speak. You're right, of course. Anyone with an empathetic heart and some life experience might be perfect!

(HEY! Secular Cat! Are you listening?)

Maybe I'll meet that woman someday.

@SecularCat65 I hope so! This is why I was suggesting dating sites for mature people.

There is the possibility of ANYTHING right up to the day of your demise.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:285296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.