Agnostic.com

31 2

Is there any point in arguing with people who do not value truth or evidence?

Either stick in your comfortable bubble or change your mind based on new evidence. I've changed my mind and adjusted so much after withdrawing from religion.

AustinSkepticus 7 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I actually need a dictionary to follow the comments below. I really, really am tired.

Just recently I suggested some media that contradicts some popular notions. I was told outright by one person they didn't want to watch it. It's scary to acknowledge that one may have poorly formed opinions and have them disproved.

I don't think its worth arguing about much of anything. Having a discussion and sharing ideas is great, but arguing is pointless.

Short answer: No. Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Depends.

Are they making, enforcing, or interpreting the the law?

Are they teachers? Scientists? Doctors?

Are they my parent, child, or spouse? Do they have any quantifiable, immediate impact on my life?

If not, why bother?

Only if you enjoy having high blood pressure!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28583
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.