Agnostic.com

57 8

What made you an atheist/agnostic?

Hey! I have never used my account here, so I decided to make a question for a start. Consider me to be new.

Edit: Holy shit, I was not expecting such feedback. Thanks guys!

By angelotzovanis4
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments (51 - 57)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I got my first college degree from a Lutheran college where I took 5 of the religion classes. I also taught a couple of the adult bible study classes at the last church I was a member of. It took my third time of reading that book from beginning to end to start my questioning and additional reading. So, all of those things ended my belief in the many "gods" that are described in that book.

gsiamne Level 8 Feb 12, 2019

I use to think there was something not any specific god but just something.I tried to debate my friend and couldn't really come up with anything that could "beat" him so i did more research (alot) and found people such as Richard Dawkins and it completely changed my mind and made me realize how messed up religion is so I became an atheist. That is pretty much it

Child rape. I was Roman Catholic for years. I could accept all the bullshit fairy tales, but then when the child molestation cover up happened,,, I said, "wait!,,, talking ? Snake, Noah's arch, 6,000 year old earth, walking on water, virgin birth"... All bullshit!

Coffeeman Level 7 Apr 22, 2019

Anyone know how to edit our posts? I just noticed mine is full of errors.

The three bars beside "reply" will give you that option

Since I was a child I was skeptical

Since I was a child I was skeptical

My mother and father by the act of procreation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:287631'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!