Agnostic.com

3 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Typical misleading headline (Your Home) Not even close.

My state the average monthly electrical usage is 1,200 KWh /month = 40,000WH/day their 1050 equivalent lighting (LED) gives us about 277 watts. (the number shown on their unmarked meter) According to Human Power . org, An adult of good fitness is more likely to average between 50 and 150 watts for an hour of vigorous exercise. Over an 8-hour work shift, an average, healthy, well-fed and motivated manual laborer may sustain an output of around 75 watts of work. Even if we roughly double the output of what a human is noted to produce, a one hour workout would give us 277/40,000 = 0.6925% of needed power (an hour a day) for a typical house in my part of the world.

@Closeted I knew it was bunk before running the math. I remember the bad old days when I had (for a few days before removing the junk 6 watt generator attached to a bike. If you weren't riding down a steep hill, it was pretty much impossible to generate enough power to light a single flash-light bulb.

Sadly he isn't talking about an average home in the US.

[metabunk.org]

Sigh, there is always a catch.

I go to the gym now for over an hour most days. That will change once I start working again. I'd give this a try, depending on the price.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:287933
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.