Agnostic.com

4 1

Are America's problems too big for government to effectively solve?

It seems like their just spinning their wheels!

atheist 8 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The present time is a very excellent time to introduce a new party ,fresh with new ideas and no baggage. Wouldn't it be nice to introduce a party of actions that addressed the problems of the government and aimed at getting back to representing the ideas of the majority without lobbyist's,corporations and the greedy. A party that recognizes the ills of society and supports change.Is it to much to ask for that we have a party that allows compromise? I guess I am just dreaming!

I think you are dreaming, in England the new party was introduced by the rich and powerful too and was just like the other two parties. The only selling point was that it was 'the party of the middle' so it didn't do well but it improved the illusion of choice

I did what I could. I posted a lot of compelling reasons why we needed Bernie and supported his campaign and some of the people he recommended, and the Democratic Party but his own party shot him down.

Yes and no. We will never create a perfect situation, as each new solution creates new, unforeseen problems Still, there is much more and better that we could do, if we have the will and the power.

No. We just need to get the greedy fingers of the rich out of government and stop their interference. FDR did that, and we experience the greatest prosperity and growth in our history. (It is notable that the rich were being taxed at a top rate of 91% during that growth, so don't buy into the "trickle down" bullshit).

A culture of greed has infected our country, and the rich are saying "greed is good" in order to justify their actions. However, once a culture of greed infects government leadership, it historically has ALWAYS led to the the downfall of that nation or empire without exception. The reason is simple. We cant' stand together when every man is out for himself.

I really like your thinking and agree . However it appears that our current parties are so corrupt that we need to do away with them. I am being a dreamer as it will never happen.Thanks

the govt. is your only friend . The corporations are a total hindrance with no conscience. The people can't organize a piss up in a brewery so get some compassionate representatives quickly before its too late

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.