Agnostic.com

1 1

What to do about sugar ants?

Bugs! No, not the ones in Trump Tower or the ones in DJT's squirrelly mind! I'm talking ANTS, specifically what we used to term "sugar ants" back in MS. But these aren't acting like those ants, heading en masse in a straight line for the nearest food source (not that I HAVE any unprotected food available for them). These are appearing as sporadic random individual ants, like the smartest ants figured out that they could access free wifi to watch Netflix and chill. I've tried all the natural remedies I could find, plus my landlord brought out the heavy chemicals via professional exterminator outside the apartment. Any suggestions on what to do? (Right now I'm just spraying them with Method and killing them as they appear. I'm at wit's end.)

BookDeath 8 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've had pretty good luck with ant baits. A good hardware store will have a good selection of ant baits. You have to not kill the ants you see so they can carry it back to the nest. I always got a couple of different kinds of baits. That way if they didn't like one maybe they'll like the other one!

I've also used Roach Proof and Diatomaceous Earth for ants. They both work but they take a lot longer.

@BookDeath Roach Proof is a boric acid powder.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28989
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.