Agnostic.com

20 3

Please share covers of your favorite songs. I think my favorite is Johnny Cash doing "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails.

orange_girl 8 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fiona Apple Across The Universe

Bauhaus Ziggy Stardust

Jnei Level 8 Feb 25, 2018

Okay, I"m obsessed with the Apple cover now.

@orange_girl These were the first two I thought of that, like Cash's version of Hurt, are better than the originals. Another example would be Soft Cell's Tainted Love, but I forgot to add that one 🙂

Do instrumental covers count?

Check out their other stuff - in concert they play everything from classics right through to AC/DC, Michael Jackson and everything in between. Awesome stuff.

@Uncorrugated RAD! incl. the cellos 🙂

And then there is this gem:

Well, I adore JoCo, but I realize it's not everyone's taste.

That is hilarious. Thanks so much for that.

I enjoy his cover of 13

Danzig is my dude, always has been. Cash is great, too, though. @orange_girl

Dead Cross does amazing better than original Bauhaus cover

Lol we’re backwards hahahahaha @orange_girl

I’m torn on Orgasmatron. No clue which one I like more... and that’s fine lol

Hahahahaha that’s the beauty of the stuff I’m into 😀 @orange_girl

In my previous posting I mentioned Dan Hardin and his covers of songs made famous by famous artists. So many great covers done by him. This one is one of his best, though "Dirty Old Town" is pretty awesome, too.

Don't know why this guy isn't famous.

Great post. I love this. Not only is it better than the original, it's the birth of First Aid Kit.

I love so many covers. This is one:

I really love to listen to cover songs on Youtube. So many great mostly unknown artists and bands - Dan Hardin, and Foxes & Fossils, to name two. This link is a cover of a Fleetwood Mac song.

Just heard this recently. I thought it was awesome.

I love this. So powerful. Like the recent cover of Sounds of Silence

Also, in my opinion only Elliott Smith could sing a Big Star song as well as Big Star:

Best Cover off the top of my head is Chris Isaic’s cover of Elvis’ “Can’t Help Falling In Love With You”. Some might think “sacrilege”, but I think it’s as good or....

Tomas Level 7 Feb 26, 2018

Nothing can top Stevie Wonder but this comes close.

Quintorigo covering Kraftwerk's "The Robots" on classical instruments.

Bob Holroyd with Happy Roads covering "Gamss without Frontiers" by Peter Gabriel.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28992
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.