Agnostic.com

20 4

Do you encourage your friends ambitions ?

Wildgreens 8 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sure do.

Yes! If they it is attainable by their wit, and true ambition to conquer it no matter what!

Sure. That's what friends are for.

I agree 🙂

Yes I encourage everyone to have ambition and to achieve their goals. I mean as long as they don't hinder or hurt others.

Not if there crap and think they're good or family. I would probably not say anything unless asked though.

I notice sometimes my friend seems to fish for encouragement with some things. Sometimes he will mention that someone he was dating in the past or was friends with said something negative about a motivation he had, and I will just offer some positive reinforcement.

Definitely. I'm busting my best friend's balls right now actually. He had been talking about a career change that he was really enthusiastic about. It seems he's become a little immobilized. I'm trying to stimulate his competitive nature by doing some online courses in the field myself.

As long as they're not eating Tide pods.

Lol, good one 🙂

I thought about posting something similar to this. Some of those closest to me doubt me and my ambitions, and I can't tell if it's because my ambitions are just unrealistic or because I don't have a strong support group. Then again, many of my former teachers who I still meet with encourage me to the fullest, so maybe I just need to ditch some people.

I always encourage my friends to reach for bigger dreams and to match those dreams with the correct behaviors which will get them what they want, which makes the lack of support that much more depressing.

I definitely try too

Depends on what their striving for, I'm not a fan of greed of any sort..

yes. I encourage anyone who shares their ambitions with me.

More than I should. It gets expensive buying anvils, welders, and guitars.

That's what I do here also

Yes. But I never used to, because I'd be jealous. Didn't appreciate my own desires, so I'd resent other people pursuing theirs. Until I allowed myself to have my own. Now when I see people going for what they want, I'm happy for them.

Yeah, one I do in particular. He may be an annoying loud mouth, but he’s got energy and desire. I think he is capable, so yeah, I encourage the guy.

Most of the time I can encourage their ambitions but occasionally I when it involves experiences that I have had that did not work out and I have to tell them my opinion and why

dc65 Level 7 Feb 25, 2018

meh, probably not, no friends my agem
though I help the youngsters when I can

Absolutely!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28996
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.