Agnostic.com

7 1

One religion, no religion or multiple religions

Is the world entering the era when people will believe only in one religion, no religion or multiple religions?

Jos 3 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Multiples rule for the near future.

It's entering (and indeed is already in) a phase where religion is self-diluting itself into irrelevance. Or at least, into something more in keeping with its actual value.

Christian fundamentalism will likely breathe its last within the coming century; more liberal religions will take most of the next millennium to fade away; but fade they will.

I’m not aware that the world is entering a new era of religious belief. The world will never be united in one religion, multiple religions will remain with us as long as children continue to be indoctrinated. There is a movement away from religion in Western Europe, but this is counterbalanced by higher birth rate amongst those who have a religion, so I can’t see any fundamental shift in the belief systems of the world populations.

Either multiple or none, depending on whether Homo sapiens gets caught up in the current extinction event.

skado Level 9 Feb 16, 2019

the world is not entering any such era. it is a continuous process and predictions can be reversed in an instant.

g

I wish they’d all disappear but I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

It won't change; the human condition means there will always be multiple religions. Nothing suggests this is changing or will change.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:290701
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.