Agnostic.com

27 3

Does anyone else believe in reincarnation?

I consider myself an atheist but believe in reincarnation because I have seen it with my own eyes and have researched countless documentations and proof of reincarnation. There are actual real unexplained accounts from many people over the years that prove reincarnation is a reality.

Ravenwolfcasey 7 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not hold a specific belief in reincarnation as described in Hinduism but I also have learned a lot from accounts of past life experiences that defy "rational" explanation. I have also been influenced by the confluence of science, philosophy and sacred teachings that imply that nothing appears to cease to exist but rather change form. Matter and energy don't simply disappear, they change form. I believe the same holds true for consciousnesses or what some call the soul.

I do. When I was young, (between 5 & 7 years old) I had recurring dreams about a prior incarnation. I was young, around 10 or so, laying on a bed, and someone was there comforting me. And I knew I was approaching death. This dream came back again & again and it was in color. I believe the time frame was during the Great depression, however my family was doing better than most.

At some point there will be more people alive in the present than have ever lived. So where are all these other souls in waiting????
See? You are already starting to sound like the religiously confused when you start believing that you are too special to be a one time only deal. What makes you specifically one of those chosen to return rather than one of the souls in waiting? Are you saying that you must have done summat good to be reborn, or what??
The human brain isn't even fully grown until your early 20s and the pre frontal cortex isn't fully developed until your early 20s and so dreams, things heard while asleep , memories, stories, things on tv , etc are all mixed up ! I have memories which I have subsequently found out are not as they seemed to me when a child!! So I'm sorry but your individual idealized 'memory of a dream ' just is not what I would call evidential!? Most kids start to wise up to the layered nature of human consciousness at about age 7 or 8 and that experience depends very much on who your parents are and what the cultural mores of your social group.
Check out the stories of so called reincarnated souls !! If it were even vaguely possible then most people would have had short brutal lives as peasants in the West and the number of merchants even, let alone aristocrats, would have been small in number and yet people invariably situate themselves as 'doing slightly better than most ', they also tend to situate themselves geographically quite close to their actual physical origins.
Or they go to the opposite extreme and they are some Nubian princess.
We only understand how human consciousness works at the very basic level and are only just unpacking what the subconscious mind is capable of , what we do know is that during sleep we free associate and sort out the MILLIONS of pieces of data we are imprinted with DAILY and most of this is at an unconscious or subconscious level, because otherwise we would all clearly go nuts , so how you can identify your childhood recurrent dream as anything more than your child brain sorting out the massive jumble of data is beyond me !! And concluding that you have therefore lived before is extraordinarily unscientific and is no more than wishful thinking.
When someone goes to see a past life consultant they are being manipulated by cold reading techniques- the same used by faith healers and psychics.
You give them the required info subconsciously and they are experts at reading you and replaying back to you your inner most thoughts. It's a trick mate.

You need to watch much much more Derren Brown and he will explain how these charlatans fool people.
And if you should ever imagine that you are sooooo damn important to the universe that you should get another go at life then you should remember this poem by the late great Stevie Smith:

" You are only one of many,
Of small account, if any
You think too much about yourself. "

It always works for me when I get notions of being a bit special anyway!!

Btw what were you eating in your past life?? Because never forget that British people didn't even have potatoes until we went to the Americas!! So strictly turnips my friends!! Details details.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2909
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.