Agnostic.com

3 1

Learning from surprising places

"That's a good idea!" I thought, watching a Korean-American father set his cup in the sink before filling it with coffee. No more wiping up coffee drips on the counter.

I was watching the delightful series, "Kim's Convenience," on Netflix.

If you pay attention, you can learn something every day.

What little tips have you learned from surprising places?

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When washing clothes, fill the "cap" with liquid detergent (half-full is plenty), and toss it into the washing machine before adding clothes. The cap gets rinsed with the clothes.

No more messy caps dripping down.

I learn from everyone I meet. A man I dated in 2014 did this. Great idea!

Roll t-shirts and stack them vertically in the drawer. You don't have to sort through the pile while messing up the ones you don't choose. (Though as a minimalist the choosing issue does not affect me. )

A funny and useful source for all sorts of life hacks is a guy who calls himself Crazy Russian Hacker on YouTube. A little corny at times, but often useful

Put the sugar crock in the sink before you fill it from the bag. There's always stuff that comes from the top of the sugar bag when you open it. And no matter how careful you are sugar gets on the counter.

@mooredolezal

Excellent idea. I do the same thing when pouring sugar, and measuring salt for a recipe.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:291112
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.