Agnostic.com

1 2

Why do bystanders, whom aren't involved in a situation, get involved?

Do people actually think that they are helping a situation, by recording it and then getting rude and making a scene? First, we have trained this new girl on fries. It is her first job and it has been two weeks with very little improvement. She serves cold fries by dropping too many and we don't have very many orders. Then we have all these fries and no customers. 10-14 minutes later, we get more orders. (Winter time is our slow season) Well, she uses the fries that have been sitting there for 10 minutes. We never trained her that way. No hold times or anything. Anyway, a customer came mad from the drive-thru. The fries were cold and her wraps we just made were not fresh enough to her liking. She came in cussing and flipping out. A man in line told her there are kids here, calm down. We asked her to calm down. The lady was arguing with the man. He was recording it. He kept going on and on. I remade her food fresh and she left. The guy came to the counter and went off on my assistant manager. Asking for the owner's number, the GM's number, and the corporate's number. He said we did nothing to calm her down. Yes, we did. She calmed down. He was making her more mad! The DM was called and so was corporate. It was this ignorant bystander's fault for escalating the situation, when it had nothing to do with him. Why do people think they are helping, when they are making it worse? We did the right thing. This kind of thing always happens to a certain crew member up front. Never to me. I know how to act. Plus, I never get rude customers. I never get complaints on sandwiches I make or when I serve the fries. I always have hot fries and nuggets for all my customers. I've never had a complaint. I'm off tomorrow. Yay! I'm so happy I stay out of situations like this. 🙂 Oh, and professionalism is not arguing with the customer. I have that down. I left happy with a free large drink, because I stayed late. Also, I left happy because I won't be the one my boss will be mad at. Lol. Also, the front crew was going around to tables getting phone numbers as witnesses. That is unnecessary and not right. He's been there 10 years and never learned professionalism. I've been there 2 years and I learned it in 4 months. Not my issue. It was a great day for me! 🙂

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I liked reading your post made me think a lot about eating takeaways. yes people are rather silly at times

Yeah. Thanks.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29162
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.