Agnostic.com

17 1

Love?

What Is love? A fairy tale? Some sort of chemical the body gives off? How do you know your in love?

Redsavior 4 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know how to explain the love for a parent, a sibling, a friend, a pet, but the love for a women, not so sure anymore.

Love is constantly having to say your sorry. You may have to be old to get this twist on a line out of a movie.

Whats love got to do with it?

You will know it when you find it. easily confused with lust

I think that there might be a huge package of elements that go to make the spark of love between people . I think I would make a difference between 'Love' and 'In love ' in love to me always seems to be the mad bit where you can't wait to see them and you're a mix of emotions and its all a bit too much - I think the love comes in when you settle a bit and look at each other for real and become best friends as well as lovers, we do give off endorphins which accounts for a perceivable glow in people recently hooked up. then there are many obstacles and changes along the way if its going to be eternal love - BTW I don't think couple rows are not love I think the sorting out of who does was and how and why is really important - I have noticed that easy going people do it with the least amount of hysteria.

According to Tina Turner it's a second hand emotion

My definition is love is two words a noun and a verb. The noun is a feeling that originates in you and benefits only you and really has nothing to do with the other person. The verb is how we express that feeling.

There is a difference between loving and being in love ,the hormones are pheromones, but there is scientific doubt about whether they affect humans - I guess you know if you're in love by your behaviours and your friends might notice you being different - but 'in love' is a really difficult concept to get a handle on

Romantic love is a deep romantic trusted friendship preceded by physical attraction and lustful tendencies.

Betty Level 8 Feb 26, 2018

Takes about 14 volumes to identify and explain. Affection that goes beyond but usually includes lust, at least in the beginning.

Cannot be described or defined. Only as the opposite of hate or the swooning of a Country Singer. I always like John Denver and Pacido Domingo "Perhaps Love" or Where is Love from the Musical 'Oliver'

A fairy tale?....no it's real...it's an endorphin high..they smell right, you smell right than life wakes you up.

When I love you, your happiness makes me happy.

I honestly don't know what "in love" is. I suspect that it may be a fairy tale built up around infatuation and attraction.

I didn't believe in it until I was 40, I did fall in love at that time. Sadly it didn't last, but it was everything I had hoped it would be, I still feel the loss of the situation.

When you have gotten a score of 0 in tennis

@Hellbent Beautiful

If you have to ask the question 'How do you know you are in love' Then you have never been in love. You will know, you will be so drugged up on the stuff you will know. lol

Sacha Level 7 Feb 26, 2018

Always... you know or you will learn... maybe. Love is a privilege, not a right. Not for everyone.

"What is love? Baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more."

Different types of love exist, but when it comes to romantic love it's largely our own bodies drugging us so we'll mate and reproduce. It can grow into something more, or it can turn to garbage. Usually the latter. /2¢

That is not love... that is being in heat. When I am horny I am not in love... I am simply in heat.

Well, I see I was hardly the first one to make the Haddaway joke.

@GipsyOfNewSpain I don't mean just the chemicals responsible for sexual attraction, but also the ones responsible for pair bonding.

@resserts Pair bonding takes time since it is a culture thing and plus and minuses... it is negotiation of your assets and your shortfalls... I am down more to the tribal, primal, sexual attraction of the first encounter, the mate dance ritual. Before culture tell us what is an example of a good catch, of a right mate.... like Elaine in Seinfeld would say "are you sponge worthy"? That second wave of the pair bonding complicates everything. And at the end it is all depending of Motivation and Need. Availability and Disposition. Right place at the Right time. HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE.

@GipsyOfNewSpain I'm talking about the period of infatuation that most people refer to ad "being in love" that goes beyond initial lust but is still a chemically induced attraction that keeps people together for the first several months up to a couple of years for the sake of successful procreation and childcare/protection. I don't mean the social contracts that legally bind partners.

@resserts Got you. Oh the "happy go lucky period". I always screw those up because is what I do. How in the hell we remain friends I don't know, there is never a fight but I got your period. It is full of smiles and body contact.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29244
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.