Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Italian Town Fell Silent So The Sounds Of A Stradivarius Could Be Preserved : NPR

Wonderful idea ....
Those instruments are magical.

SkotlandSkye 8 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That’s a great story - I wasn’t interested in stringed instruments when I was in Italy in my teens (wasted opportunity).
I did visit the amazing Shrine to Music Museum in Vermillion, South Dakota (of all places) -which has violins by all the master Italian builders, as well as a Stradivarius guitar. The museum also has Norwegian fiddles, hurry gurdies, lutes, lyres, Asian stringed instruments, wind and brass instruments.
Even the workshop of American archtop guitar luthier James D’Aquisto.

What a wonderful story...! Learned a new word too by reading it, luthier a builder and repairer of stringed instruments, from the French luth, meaning lute. It’s important for us to preserve these precious instruments and their sounds for posterity.

What a labor of love! To do this work for future generations is awesome.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:292467
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.