Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Liberals and Conservatives React in Wildly Different Ways to Repulsive Pictures

Not too long ago I recall research saying the conservatives and liberals have different "wiring" and here's an unexpected manifestation of it. Introducing ... with tongue only partly in cheek ... "disgustology". Maybe this will help political conservatives and liberals understand each other a little better.

mordant 8 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Intetesting study. Im revulsed by Trump supporters, what does that say. Lol. "Deplorables are revolting"
that's what. Lol

It’s an interesting article, and no doubt there is at least some connection between the disgust factor and political opinions. But I think there’s a lot more to conservatism than going to church, homophobia, opposition to immigration, and racial prejudice. That characterization represents a stereotype IMO.

What about loyalty to your country, a belief in hard work. fiscal responsibility, and a limited government with personal responsibility and freedom. It’s hard to associate the disgust factor with those traits.

I do think the studies help explain why certain people are the way they are—very insightful and valuable knowledge. Thanks for posting.

Medium requires an account to view it. Here's a link to the actual source.
[theatlantic.com]

@bingst

Thank you!

@bingst Thanks. I'm no longer a paying Medium subscriber, so they tease some articles to me for free, and I wrongly assumed this was true of all comers.

Thank you, great article that I would not sign up to see.

what i need explained to me is not how conservatives and liberals are different, or even how they are alike, but why we still persist in calling regressives "conservatives" when they are most definitely not that. they call themselves that, but some madmen call themselves napoleon, so that proves nothing. there really are no conservatives anymore, just regressives.

that being said, i am not a medium member and thus cannot read this article.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:292897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.