Agnostic.com

2 0

Any alterations towards fear of death since acknowledging your atheism?

Loveofhitch 3 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We may not live in constant fear of death, especially when we are in our comfortable study, tapping at the keyboard, but let that oncoming semi veer uncomfortably into our lane and BINGO it’s baaack! We unconsciously respond with a life-saving swerve.
It’s not going away. It’s built in. If it weren’t, we wouldn’t live past six years of age. All we can do is develop mental practices that keep it from eroding our daily peace of mind. When we need it, it will still be there.
Atheism is a good first step in such a practice. Mindfulness is another. Full spiritual liberation is the most complete solution. I suspect this is really what the esoteric practitioners of ancient religions were actually pursuing; not the woo-slinging that their followers have taken up.

skado Level 9 Feb 26, 2018

No I don't really fear death never have, I had a near death experience when i was quite young I fear life more, I don't like being hurt, I don't think I ever acknowledged my atheism I was always this way out it just feels like me some part of me that others have feelings about but I don't.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29300
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.