Agnostic.com

4 1

###They're ba-ack.
Just when I thought things were ok. I listened to a session on our national radio today. There were some super religious types, and they were mostly cool about all sorts of things. And there was one old lady, forgotten where she was from. She was going off about secular ideas.

She explained that there was

1. freedom of religion, you can choose what you like, the government will not say you have to be of a particular type f religion.
  2. There is freedom for religion, and religious people should be able to practice their religion free of any fear of being charged under laws that would otherwise make those practices a crime.
    she agreed fully with these two.

BUT. Freedom from Religion, no way, we can't have secular ideas in government policy and so on. Secularists (her word) would restrict the power of religions to determine how the country was run. On and freakin on she went. I have not heard that point of view in OZ for long time.

Rugglesby 8 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah they are feeling their oats at least temporarily. Not sustainable in my view but dog only knows how long this will go on.

I got hit with that same BS about Freedom from religion just a couple of days ago and how it didn't apply to a secular government. I've know the guy for about 40 yrs, and was a bit taken aback by it. I could at the time only respond with "Think about the logic of your statement". It is disturbing that this is even a consideration, but I've grown used to being disturbed by 'Christian thought'.

can't she just go & fuck herself? it's said to have a relaxing effect.

she probably doesn't know how, and no-one else would take on the job and that is why she is so irrational?

LOLOLOL, @Rugglesby!

What she is saying is that secularists would deny those religious zealots the right to tyrannize us.

yep, that was my take.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29318
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.