Agnostic.com

14 1

Will our earth get better, or are we all going to die in roughly 20 years?

• 4 votes
  • 5 votes
MelanieSheldon 5 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks everyone. Yes. My question was confusing. "Will the world get better?", meant will we -humans continue to survive and possibly thrive?
I appreciate all the input. I was having a dark day.

Human beings are good at finding solutions and working with what is available. Young people in the developed world today care a lot more about the planet than their parents did and if we leave them enough to work with they will fix it. There will be a lot more damage done first, though.

No and no

which question do you want an answer to?

lerlo Level 8 Feb 22, 2019

I'd put the time frame closer to about 500 years. However, if we don't try to stop 9or at least slow down) climate changes, human extinction is a real possibility.

In 50 years the ice are going to be melted unfortunately.

@TheAstroChuck I don't think I could've said it much better. Thanks.

I vote for "Giant Asteroid."

Deb57 Level 8 Feb 20, 2019

The planet has a tendency to self correct... We may not like how this is done, but it will happen nonetheless....

The human race is in for trouble, but it will take longer than 20 years.......

The World will still be here. And so will we. But the weather will get much more extreme. And coastal areas will get flooded, as ocean-levels rise.

You got about 10 years. www.guymcpherson.com

A false dichotomy.

gearl Level 8 Feb 20, 2019

Maybe

I have to wait 20 years??

When you ask 'A or B?' and someone says "Yes" they agree that A and B are not both false at the same time. If someone says "No" if follows that they mean both A and B are false.
As for my answer. It depends on what you mean with "better". I don't think we will all die. Most won't and at least some will survive even under bad circumstances. So my answer hinges on the first part. Hm, I guess I'm optimistic today and say yes.

Dietl Level 7 Feb 20, 2019

I am on the fence here. If you could be more specific I would vote. The time frame is roughly 20 yrs. Does this mean if all gross pollution would stop as of now, will the Earth get better? If that is the case I would say yes, though that is far from the case. No Type I for Earth is my motto. It has to do with the Karshadev Scale for Civilization Types. Michio Kaku is someone that puts this into easy to understand perspective.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:294077
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.