Agnostic.com

15 3

What's more important to you, brains or body?

What percentage of each is your limit for partner choosing?

Marleybone 4 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Brains, definitely. You can overlook a lot of body features, but try dating a dud without wanting to blow your brains out.

Marz Level 7 Nov 21, 2017

Mind over body. I've never thought of this in terms of acceptable percentages. I'm not sure I can assign those numbers.

the brain is the body.

Brains are the most important but, that being said you cannot be repulsed by they body at the beginning of a relationship it simply does not work.

Brains. Bodies are hard to keep up and will eventually deteriorate over time no matter how much effort you put into maintaining them.

Also, it is much easier to live with a p3erson from day to day if you share more than a physical connection.

I really don't think of brains and body as separate when I meet other people. The older I get the less I think about someone's appearance for if they are near my age and still above ground their body has served them well. I love my friends as they are, in one unique package as it were. Now when I was young, Mother Nature had her way with me. Whether my son's birth was due to lust, dumb luck or cultural conditioning I just know it was expensive and fun. Maybe I am not considering cyber relationships where there is no physical presence just brains communicating. Then again, brains would not have anything to say without their respective bodies attached.

Well said. As for cyber relationships, it may be just brains communicating but much of it seems to be more fantasizing and a lot of deception.

Brains.. brains... it does the body good!

My taste in men varies and I can find a variety of guys attractive, but they have to be intelligent. He needs to have empathy and awareness. Funny is a plus.

I've had both of them on their own in a relationship, and neither was exactly fun or ideal. It must be somewhere in the middle for me, I'm just comfortable putting a number on it. I'd say brains have a slight advantage over looks, but looks are also important. I wouldn't want a genius quasimodo, but I also wouldn't want a dumb as shit model either... Ideally, a fairly attractive girl next door type, with intelligence and an education...

I agree with the 60:40 POV for brains:body. Aren't we all just evolved apes who are just looking for a mate who looks alright and more importantly is capable of raising a family? I think we can break down attraction bit by bit if we take a biological and logical approach.

Well - the brain's no good unless it has a body to live in. But the body can be pretty messed up and still function...

But it can't function without a brain.

So I guess brain wins for now, till I start thinking things through again ...

The important things are intelligence and personality (warm, positive, empathetic, caring, not judgmental).

A healthy percentage of both 50/50

I'll add that attraction can vary..yes you can look at the physical aspect but the moment you realize there's not much upstairs the less attracted that person becomes..intelligence is sexy more so than a hot body

Brains(personality, intellect, etc) is more likely to keep a relationship going then to start one.
For most people if there is no physical attraction there isn't a relationship.

Brains! 100% Brains! If the body works well then often the brain works better. It is the hardest thing to be a great brain trapped in an uncooperative body.

I agree. Brains and personality... 100%

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2941
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.