Agnostic.com

3 4

I grew up Episcopalian. Loved the people. Didn’t love the teachings. Tried to do the right thing by taking my kids to church. They loved the coffee and pot luck lunches. We stopped going about 15 years ago. I’m amazed at the conversations that I have with my kids about religion and heir lack of faith. I don’t normally pat myself on the back, but I have raised some bad ass free thinking individuals. Interestingly, my kids have no problem stating that they don’t believe in god. I’m still afraid to be completely out of the closet. Makes me proud of my kids. ??

CathyD 3 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not been totally open as an atheist is somehow understood because of prodigious of the sociaty however by doing that might create some advantage for those who are against us . There is also an education system that forbids students from learning the evolution theory of charles darwin as well as others independent matters. Congrats on your advice for your kids

Like you, I did not impose my point of view on my daughters. They knew that I was not a believer, but I wanted them to make their own decisions. I am proud to say that both daughters are respectful and civil non-believers.

Those question marks are supposed to be a heart emoji. Ergh.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2942
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.