Agnostic.com

19 2

Exercise suggestions?

I’m into yoga, hiking, tennis, biking, and swim. But I am looking for a new activity to try. Boxing? Dancing? Thoughts?

ImpressionistMe 5 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know it looks dump but I am getting into planking. I listen to something while rotating thru the 3 basic plank positions. Also I can do it anywhere there is a semi soft surface with no equipment besides the stopwatch on my wristwatch.

Kickboxing?

Ride or walk wherever you need to go, within reason.

Dancing and sex come to mind. there's no life like it

If you can find a good club I strongly recommend Judo!

I like to pedal a recumbent exercise bike that I bought from the City activities center. Every so often they get rid of equipment to be replaced, and this machine is the industrial version that should last for a long time. Was cheaper than a new 'home' model too.

I like that its low impact. I help take my broken-down friends to doctors now that exercised in heavier-duty high impact sports through the years. Lol!

12 oz curls?

Why not try one of the martial arts, judo, karate, aikido or kung fu.

What is your goal with exercise?

I’m pretty happy with the size I am, but I would prefer a bit more definition in a few places. Diet has been helping with that. All in all healthy activity to keep me from being a couch potato. I have the willpower, but not the funds at the moment for a gym.

Dancing... you can do partnered dancing until your 80's. Boxing... it is always good to know when and how to throw a punch. And welcome to our little site, may you find happiness, friendship, joy and fun in our little home... just be yourself.

Get a dog and it will make walking/running much more fun.

16 ounce curls works for me..or walking everywhere..that's a good exercise..

Turn on your favorite music and just start dancing.
You'll burn calories and not have to pay for the privilege.

Try weight lifting really good for you.

@orange_girl ohhhhh...don't say 'kettle bells'....ohhhhh....my back....I had never worked out with kettle bells till I was trying my hand at mma....

@orange_girl I agree, they were too heavy!...hehe...I needed a stand in to do my kettle bell work...

Walking is great exercise. A good way to lose weight and improve your vitals(with sensible diet)

How about racquetball? It is a very fast paced, and demanding sport. I used to sweat off 8 pounds in an hour of racquetball. Also, you could try weight machines?

Indoor Olympics can really wear your ass out!
Just sayin'! Lol
😉

Ju Jitsu is great. Muay Thai over boxing, works the whole body. And wrestling is insanely good for your cardio and core strength.

I know a few people who've taken up boxing and really enjoy it. I'd also say dance would be a good one.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 26, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29449
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.