Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK Atheists are a minority.

Sad that skepticism and rational thinking is a minority practice.

SkepticPower31 6 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I didn't get past the headline. "Atheists a RELIGIOUS minority. Who writes this nonsense ?.

I don't give it a seconds thought. 38% believe Donald trump is a hero. Most people are brainwashed at birth and don't have the cerebral capacity to question the brainwashing .

There are a great many keenly intelligent critical thinkers who do not arrive at the atheist position. There are many atheists who are nothing but mouthpieces for scientism.

Our opinions about religion are not very important IMO.

Very true! However I do not believe true critical and skeptical thinking leads to any other conclusion than atheism on the issue of the existence of god(s).
Yes, many critically thinking, educated and intelligent individuals are believers but their ability to be critical and their intelligence did not lead them to the conclusion that god(s) exists.
It's like claiming you are a creation scientist. There is no science involved in creation. Adding scientist to the title is irrelevant just as their intelligence and critical thinking becomes irrelevant when they delve into god claims.

@SkepticPower31

If you are going to put it that way and talk about the “existence of god(s)” then I will have to agree with you. But what about people like Max Planck? He was certainly not an atheist, yet he professed no belief in god(s). He was a person with deep awareness who had a profound appreciation for the vast and staggering implications of the mystery of reality.

Max Planck said in 1944, "As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter".

Planck was not talking about god(s). He was talking about Ultimate Reality.

I always hated being told what to think & how to think it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:294564
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.