Agnostic.com

11 6

Seasonal allergies

Am I the only nature freak outdoor enthusiast who gets her ass kicked by seasonal allergies? The Beast Has Lifted its ugly head and I've already begun to snot and sneeze . Has anybody tried any alternatives to traditional relief that helps?

Kojaksmom 8 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been bedridden all day because my head is a helium balloon. I'm extremely light-headed and have vertigo when my sinuses go haywire. I am a slave to Flonase, Sudafed and others.

I'm sorry, I'm a snot monster. Screw tissues, I go bed with a beach towel.

@Kojaksmom laugh-crying I have a dresser drawer half-filled with handkerchiefs. I can't do tissues. They tear then you've got snot covered hands. gags My father was a handkerchief user so I've just always used them. My allergies range the extremes from swollen helium balloon to infection so bad, it's like charcoal is up my nose because every time I blow a chunk, it smells godawful. I get eye, ear and sinus infections regularly. So, I feel your pain.

I don't get any of it

You are a lucky man!

indeed your right and im asthmatic

Sinus rinse changed my allergy life around. I started over a decade ago doing this. Before that I had two - four sinus infections per year and nasty allergies. The infections had round after round of antibiotics. I’ve not had a single sinus infection since. I use the NeilMed brand bottle and packets. Distilled water only. I do it once per day every day and twice a day during the peak allergy season. I generally dump the packet in, fill with water, and heat the bottle up for about 20 seconds in the microwave.

It takes some getting used to but I am religious about it. (Pun!)

Ohub Level 7 Feb 26, 2018

Lol amen brother! I'm willing to try it

Steam helps me to clear out.

Thank you

I try peppermint oil on my nose @Kojaksmom

The pine pollen is totally kicking my ass. Has for the last week and a half. I know there's at least another month or so of this to go.

It's early this year.

@Kojaksmom Seems to come earlier every year lately.

I used to suffer pretty severe allergy symp0toms, but I started eating bee pollen, and most of the symptoms have gone away. It is best to use local bee pollen. Easting it acclimatizes your body to l pollen. It takes a couple of months for your body to adjust. For some people eating royal jelly helps the body adjust and reduces allergy symptoms faster.

Global warming has already increased most plants pollen output. I heard abotu five years ago tht pollen in the air has increased by two thirds.

The first time you do bee pollen, take precautions in case your body has an allergic reaction. If you are allergic to homey, bee pollen wont' work for you.

Anyway, I can spend $15 every three months on bee pollen, or I can spend that much every two weeks on allergy medicines. I just take bee bollen with other supplements int eh mornings as part of my routine.

Someone did tell me about local honey. For allergies.

I get them from spring through fall..ugggh.

I'm sorry

@Kojaksmom ..no need to apologize, you didn't give them to me..

@Charlene but I know how miserable it must be

Rite aid has a over the counter pill.. it's cheap, works fast and lasts about 4 hours... ill see if i can find the name of it and let you know...it may be their own brand ???

Do you know what you are allergic to? I was surprised by the results of my allergy test. I got answers that helped reduce my symptoms.

I'm not sure what you mean by "traditional". Two products that help me the most are Claritin (generic is loratadine) during the day and Benadryl (generic is diphenhydramine) at night.

I have no idea what I'm allergic to. maybe I'll go to a doctor and get the test. I only suffer springtime

@Kojaksmom I found out that I was allergic to Bayberry which is a common shrub that was planted as part of my homes landscaping. I also found out I was allergic to pecans and I really like pecan pie. So there were two deletions from my environment that created a noticeable improvement in my symptoms.

Accupunture!! Applied to the inside of the ear just inside the ridge above the earlobe. Use your pinky finger nail and poke the nail edge around the area inside the ridge but not in the ear canal. If you feel a sharp pian sensation just hold your finger there, wiggle it a bit and see of the snot and sneezing eases.

Is that acupuncture or acupressure? I understand that one's toes are connected to one's sinus (it rhymes toes-nose). Squeeze the toes real hard to relieve sinus congestion.

Here's and aside I just discovered. I have gone by this sign hundred's of times but yesterday saw it for the first time.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have horrible Springtime allergies. Zyrtec-D seems to work best for me. That and Advil for pain.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29472
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.