Agnostic.com

7 1

I heard a commercial for a church today and it brought up an interesting problem.

The comercial starts off with a mother explaining how her child is developmentally challanged and that some people shun her child for it. She then states that she stopped going to church becuase they would shun her child.

And in comes the pastor of this church, saying that they accecpt all children of God, regardless of their condition in life.

Just thought it was weird enough to share.

RandyMoose 7 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is what ahppens when you give your outreach efforts to an advertising agency.

Seems to be more about this than accepting:

How convenient

My mother is a pious twit, we had to go to the same church she went to as a kid.
She taught Sunday School there since she was 11 and became an elder at about 30.
My sister is extremely disabled, We got more prejudice at that church than anywhere, school was bad enough, but the church people had concentrated disgust for us.
My mother of course refused to see it.

I'll be impressed when they profile a gay or transgendered person in their commercials.

The church may well accept "all children of God" but the people in the church most likely will not.

Not unusual in any organization. There is a stigma and assumption that the parents must have done something wrong/be doing something wrong to have an abnormal child. Ugh.

Leviticus 21:16-23 tells me the first one is probably correct church behavior.

d_day Level 7 Feb 26, 2018

Yeah, but that’s old testament bruh

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29476
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.