Agnostic.com

22 2

What's your favourite riff/lick/intro ever?

What's the one guitar riff that gives you goosebumps, it could be the intro or the seminal moment in a song and it doesn't have to be your favourite song

ipdg77 8 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Eric Clapton - Layla !

intro to "Hotel California"

Nirvana

Forgot to mention some of mine 🙂

Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
Dirty Love - Thunder
Hit Between The Eyes - Scorpions
Highway To Hell - AC/DC
We Luv You - Grand Theft Audio

and so on 🙂

This may be cheating (or at least, piling on), but this morning I woke up with Jeff Beck in my head, and thought I'd share this classic soulful solo ... one of my all time favorite instrumentals ever to hit the airwaves.

Too many to list!! but here are a few of my favs"
Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix as performed by The Late Great Stevie Ray Vaughan
Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
What I Like about You - The Romantics
Carribean Blue - Enya
And the all time most recognizable solo EVER: Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

I will always remember when, as a little kid, I heard 'Spirit in the Sky' by Norman Greenbaum for the first time ... I still hear it in my dreams--a permanent ear worm.

Yes this is good. A tad ironic for this site though! Maybe it's god telling you you are forgiven!

@smoyle A song from my days as a Christian, to be sure ... still love the guitar riffs, though.

1. Deep Purple -- Smoke on the Water (live Made in Japan version)!
  2. The Doors -- Light My Fire

HOT CHOCOLATES "Everyones a Winner"!! Disco at its finest.

AC/DC Hells Bells or Black Sabbath War Pigs

Four-way tie: Sargeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (The Beatles), Hotel California (The Eagles), Layla (Derek and the Dominoes), Message in a Bottle (The Police). All three would be the intro, while Layla would also include the instrumental second half.

Back in Black AC/DC
Rockit Herbie Hancock (great video too)

Here's a pretty fair intro...and ending Lol:

My fave intro is TDEP's 'sugar coated sour' and solo is 'domination' ...dimebag darrell was the fkn man...rip 😟

No One Like you - Scorpions.

I am sorry rock n rollers to disappoint you but this is Mr Herbie Hancock on his "Chameleon", a Jazz Fusion piece.

I can not do one without the other... Watermelon Man

Pink Floyd, "Have a Cigar". There are so many though.

here's irony, AND YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS REALLY LOUD, LIKE IN A SOUTH LONDON PUB,

whiskey in the jar o

Angel of Death by Slayer has it all. THE metal anthem of all time.

"Rumble", which I just found out was by a Native American whose name escapes me.....AND "Don't fear the reaper", Blue Oyster Cult.

unfortunately not available in the US

There's plenty of riff compilations on Youtube, sorry this link didn't work

@ipdg77 ya just letting you know

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29506
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.